Sunday, December 9, 2007

Washington Floods

If anyone were to ask me where I am from I would tell them California, though I did live in Washington until I was ten. I have roots in both places and my mom, grandma, and cousin still live in the area. On the news last week were the stories of all the floods....right smack in the middle of where I used to live. Some stretches of the freeway were even under as much as TEN feet of water!!! Luckily my family escaped the damage, but my heart breaks for those devastated by the water especially during this holiday season. Pictures from Jeremy King Family.


This was the on ramp we used to get to church every Sunday.
The airport

Every time we drove by the dairy bar we begged my mom to stop for ice cream!
An overpass
We used to shop here, now they are just going to tear the building down.

3 comments:

Amber said...

It's hard to look at those pictures, especially the dairy bar. It will be interesting to see how things have changed when we're there at Christmas.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Oh my goodness, that is scary. I hope everyone is ok. I just wouldn't think WA would flood that much! Has the water receded yet?

sandijo said...

They didn't tear down Sunbirds after all. They dried it out, fixed it up and opened it to the public again. Hopefully, it won't flood again this year!